Ignite Presentation Learner Response


  • Good, strong opening. Great to see reference to gender and feminism on the first slide.
  • Structure is solid and shows excellent knowledge of the text with focus on female and male characters.
  • Nervous start (lack of rehearsal?) but delivery becomes a lot more confident and actually not reliant on notes (useful for future presentations - having notes as back-up is fine)
  • Presentation is focusing quite equally on both genders - that is absolutely fine but something to reflect on with regards to the critical investigation.
  • Excellent focus on characters - detailed and full of insight. I hadn't considered the number of stereotypes in addition to the handful of characters that subvert expectations.
  • Great quotes - I'd have liked to see more time/opportunity to discuss these ideas further with regards to feminism.

Significance: 4
Structure: 5
Simplicity: 3
Rehearsal: 2


Q&A:
  • Excellent opening Q on gender - focus on women and men.
  • Another good question on Peeta - thoughtful and considered response. Some great discussion on stereotypes.
  • Excellent question on how much the subverted stereotypes contributed to the success of the film - answered confidently.
  • Overall, confident handling and clearly excellent knowledge of the text.
Self assessment:

WWW - Good focus on the representation of both genders and good demonstration of knowledge of the text. Gradually increased confidence in delivery. Gave detailed descriptions of many characters and also their accompanying stereotypes that wouldn't necessarily be noticed by audiences e.g. the 'camp' stylist.

EBI - I was definitely in need of more rehearsal and my nerves did get the better of me at the beginning. I could have spoken in a lot more detail on the quotes I included at the end in reference to how they link to feminism. I also think I could have made my slides more simplistic and not included as much text as I did. I think perhaps there was too much going on in each slide and it would have been difficult for the audience to know what to focus on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes and Quotes

Critical Investigation - First Draft

Critical Investigation - Introduction